I hope you can help me get the word out about this scholarship for Native students – both undergraduates and graduates.
I am extending the scholarship deadline for the Intel scholarships to May 15, 2018. Thank you so much for your help in getting the word out about this scholarship.
The Intel scholarships are $5,000 for undergraduate and $10,000 for graduate students and they have a summer internship component. Please see the attached flyer and distribute far and wide to Native American/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander students.
To qualify, students must:
- Be studying computer science, material science, or computer, electrical, or chemical engineering (as an intended major for undergraduate freshmen, pursuing these degrees as an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student).
- Have a 3.0 GPA (in last year of high school or during the last semester completed)
- Be an AISES member
- Be interested in an internship for the summer of 2018.
- An enrolled member or a decedent of an enrolled member of a federal or state recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native Village; or Native Hawaiian or decedent from a Native Hawaiian; or Pacific Islander or decedent from Pacific Islander; or Indigenous person of Canada. Enrollment documents and/or a copy of birth certificate(s) showing descendancy from an enrolled citizen, Indigenous group of Canada, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander are acceptable. Applicant may also, instead, provide a copy of their Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood or Certificate of Degree of Alaska Native Blood (CDIB) card. Please note, AISES may not always have scholarships available for non-citizens of the United States.
- To apply, go to:http://www.aises.org/scholarships